Welcome to the OK.gov Help Desk and FAQ Section

How To Use This Site  |  Contact OK.gov  |  Feedback  |  Live Help

The OK.gov Help Desk has multiple solutions to assist you in finding your Oklahoma government answers. Click the Live Help link above to speak online with one of OK.gov's representatives. OK.gov Live Help representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm (Central Standard Time) with the exception of state recognized holidays.

Frequently Asked Questions

You may also search for your answer in our frequently asked questions. Type the information you are looking for in the search box below.

FAQ Search Results

Are there any special fishing licenses needed for fishing on the Illinois River? The only species specific licenses visitors will need are for trout. Trout licenses are only needed for the Lower Illinois River, below the Lake Tenkiller Dam. Oklahoma Scenic Rivers Commission - OSRC
Can I file any of my business taxes on the Oklahoma Tax Commission web site? The following business tax types can be filed using Quick Tax. - Sales Tax - Tourism Tax - Waste Tire - Mixed Beverage Tax - Employer's Withholding Tax - Nonresident Royalty Withholding Tax - Use Tax: Vendor - Use Tax: Consumer A guide to assist you with filing is available. Tax Commission, Oklahoma - OTC
Business Taxes File Your Business Taxes Online Tax Payments Online Tax Resources
Can RVs be brought into public access areas? Yes. However, it should be noted that the parks are not equipped specifically for these vehicles. There is one site with an electrical hookup at Round Hollow public access. Please note the hook-up is only 110. The fee for electric is $32 a night. Oklahoma Scenic Rivers Commission - OSRC
Can a domestic insurance company be served through the Oklahoma Insurance Department? No. A domestic insurance company, or one that is domiciled in Oklahoma, cannot be served through the Oklahoma Insurance Department. It must be served directly to the insurance company. Insurance Department, Oklahoma - OID
Do I need to bring a lawyer to mediation? You may bring an attorney or another representative to mediation, but it is not required. Many parties attend mediation without counsel.
Does the Governor introduce legislation? Only members of the Oklahoma Legislature can introduce legislation. Governors can not introduce legislation. They may have their budgets and major program initiatives drafted into bill form for introduction, but the bills must have legislative sponsors before they can be introduced. Governor
How Do I Find Tax Resources? Visit OK.gov's Tax Resource Site by clicking the link below to find a variety of state and federal tax resources. OK.gov
Tax Payments Online Tax Resources
How Long Is The Lieutenant Governor's Term of Office? The Lieutenant Governor serves a four-year term of office. The Lieutenant Governor can serve consecutive terms. There is no limitation on the number of terms the Lieutenant Governor can serve. Lieutenant Governor
How can I find out how my legislator has voted on a particular issue? All recorded floor votes are contained in the daily House Journals of the Oklahoma House of Representatives. House Journals are available the morning following the previous day of session. House of Representatives, Oklahoma - OHR
House of Representatives
How can I get information on the status of a measure? This information is contained in the Oklahoma Legislature Information System and is available on the internet. It can also be obtained by contacting your representative or senator, the House Clerk's office (521-2711 in the Oklahoma City area or 1-800-522-8502 outside) or the Senate Clerk's office (405-524-0126). House of Representatives, Oklahoma - OHR
House of Representatives
How can I get information on the status of a measure? This information is contained in the Oklahoma Legislative Information System online. It can also be obtained by contacting your representative or senator, the House Clerk's office (521-2711 in the Oklahoma City area or 1-800-522-8502 outside) or the Senate Clerk's office (405-524-0126). Legislative Service Bureau - LSB
How can I schedule a tour of the state capitol? The Oklahoma Department of Tourism and Recreation operates the State Capitol Welcome Center in the first floor rotunda at the Capitol. Free tours of the Capitol building are conducted Monday-Friday, on the hour between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. It is always best to schedule in advance by calling (405) 521-3356. Many Oklahoma school and other groups might want to coordinate their itinerary with their local legislators. The Welcome Center also has a brochure for self-guided tours. House of Representatives, Oklahoma - OHR
House of Representatives
How do I get free weather notifications? Free weather notifications are available online from Oklahoma Emergency Management. Visit the links below to sign up. Emergency Management, Oklahoma Department of
Weather Notifications Weather Notifications for Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing
How do I get one of the ID badges I have seen on the website? Anyone with an Oklahoma license of permit can request one. They are $25 and you will need to send in a 2x2 passport photo for us to put on it. In your written request, please indicate whether you are a dentist, hygienist, or dental assistant and list the mailing address where you would like us to send it. Dentistry, Board of - BOD
How do I start the process of reporting my claim? Most insurance companies have a time requirement for filing a claim. The process will go faster if you can locate a copy of your policy and home inventory. Call the company or visit a mobile claims center to start your claim. You will be asked to list all items destroyed, damaged or missing. If you do not have a home inventory, begin making a list of items going room by room from memory. Include as much detail as possible, like where and when the item was purchased, the cost, brand name and model. If your car is damaged while in your garage/carport, it is covered by your automobile policyâ??not your homeowners policy. If you are insured by two separate companies for these coverages you must file a claim with both companies.
How do I view the 2010 Election Results? Visit the Oklahoma State Election Board site via the links below. Election Board, State - SEB
2010 Election Results
I have a resident that wants to transfer from one building to another on my 100% tax credit property. The household is over the 140% income limit, can I allow this transfer? If you have documented a household that is over the 140% income limit, the transfer will NOT be allowed.
If I buy goods through the internet or a catalog, do I need to pay use tax? If the internet or mail order company does not collect the Oklahoma tax then the Oklahoma resident is responsible for remitting the tax. Tax Commission, Oklahoma - OTC
Tax Payments Online Tax Resources
What if I don't know who my representive is? This is easily remedied. To determine who your representative is, start by looking at the state map or the list of Oklahoma cities and towns on the House's web pages. Some communities, such as Tulsa or Oklahoma City are divided, but maps of those two communities may enable you to determine who your representative is. If you are still in doubt, contact your county election board which can tell you what house district you reside in. You can also go to this ''Find your Representative'' page. These are links to an external web site which we have no control over, so if have problems with their web site then you will have to contact them about the problem. House of Representatives, Oklahoma - OHR
House of Representatives
What is the function of the Governor's Office? The Governor of the State of Oklahoma is the head of state for the State of Oklahoma, United States. Under the Oklahoma Constitution, the Governor is also the head of government, serving as the chief executive of the Oklahoma executive branch, of the government of Oklahoma. The Governor is the ex officio Commander-in-Chief of the Oklahoma National Guard when not called into Federal use. Despite being an executive branch official, the Governor also possesses legislative and judicial powers. The Governor's responsibilities include making yearly ''State of the State'' addresses to the Oklahoma Legislature, submitting the annual State budget, ensuring that state laws are enforced, and that the peace is preserved. Governor

Still cannot find an answer to your question? Please search the entire OK.gov Web site or contact OK.gov directly for assistance